Regional Executive Director, Central Australia – Northern Territory Health (H22_4270)
• Strategic leader and influencer
• Operational excellence
• Successful track record in the management of human and fiscal resources
NT Health is responsible for strategic leadership and funding; system-wide policy development and planning; and system governance, performance, and accountability for the Northern Territory. NT Health is committed to delivering better health outcomes for all Territorians, working together as one system in partnership with individuals, families, the community, Aboriginal health organisations and stakeholders to provide high quality, evidence-based care. NT Health has a dedicated workforce of more than 8,500 people that are central to providing safe and responsive patient-centered care.
NT Health extends across five regions that make up the Regional Health Services. These regions include Central Australia; Barkly; Big Rivers; East Arnhem; and Top End. The Central Australian region comprises three clinical divisions – acute care, primary and public health care and mental health services.
- Acute Care Services is responsible for Alice Springs Hospital, renal services, Alcohol and Other Drugs Service Central Australia, Hearing Health Services, the Sexual Assault Referral Centre, and the Medical Retrieval and Consultation Centre.
- Primary and public health care provides community allied health and aged care, oral health services, prison health, environmental health and public health, and remote health centres.
- The Mental Health Central Australia Health Service provides a comprehensive range of integrated, community-based child, youth, adult and forensic services, including in-patient care in Alice Springs, and remote care throughout Central Australia.
The region covers two-thirds or more than a million kilometers of the Northern Territory, extending into the bordering areas of South Australia and Western Australia and caters to the health needs of not only the people who reside in the area but also visiting interstate and oversees tourists. Central Australia has a population of more than 40,000 people, representing approximately 16% of the total NT population. The township of Alice Springs is one of the largest regional centres in the NT, where the majority of the Central Australia population resides.
NT Health is now seeking an engaging, experienced senior healthcare leader who has high level strategic, conceptual, analytical and stakeholder management skills to lead the Central Australia Region. The Regional Executive Director Central Australia must have proven success in the management of human and financial resources, and in the delivery of high-quality services and outcomes for consumers. They will have led diverse teams and managed through performance frameworks while creating a positive and engaging organisational culture. Critical to this role will be your ability to engage with key stakeholders, working in partnership to deliver patient-centric services.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, you are encouraged to contact Lynette Boerth, Executive Director Search and Recruitment HardyGroup for a confidential discussion.
M: +61 (0) 431 293 861
Please submit application documentation to Executive Search Coordinator:
M: +61 (0) 403 224 726
The closing date for applications is: Sunday the 22nd of January 2023
The reference number to include in your application is: H22_4270
Your application must include:
1. Completed HG Candidate Profile Form
2. Cover letter addressed to the Principal Consultant
3. A written response addressing the key selection criteria, found on page 12
4. An up to date copy of your Curriculum Vitae