Midwife Manager – Maternity Antenatal Clinic and Fetal Surveillance (H22_4258)
- Experienced professional nursing leader
- Exceptional clinical skills in antenatal care
- A collaborative leader with the ability to influence and execute change
An exciting opportunity now presents itself, Monash Health is seeking applications from suitability qualified nursing leaders with specialist qualifications in midwifery, for the role of Midwife Manager – Dandenong Hospital to oversee the operations and clinical leadership of their Antenatal and Fetal Surveillance Services.
Monash Health serves one quarter of Melbourne’s population at over 40 locations including Monash Medical Centre, Monash Children’s Network, Moorabbin Hospital, Dandenong Hospital, Casey Hospital, Kingston Centre, and Cranbourne Centre. They offer safe, high-quality care from pre-birth to end-of-life. With over 22,000 staff, Monash Health is the largest public health employer in Victoria.
As the Midwife Manager, you will lead a team of 32 FTE and work in collaboration with your medical peers to deliver high-quality patient centered antenatal care. The service oversees 6-7 clinics per day and sees approximately 210 presentations per month. You will possess excellent clinical skills and work with your colleagues to design and deliver models of care that align with the values of Monash Health of integrity, compassion, accountability, respect, and excellence.
You will be responsible for a fiscal budget of a $4.8 million along with the oversight and management of a team of dedicated antenatal midwifery specialists.
To be a strong candidate for the role you will demonstrate the following selection criteria:
- Easily identified as a role model of clinical excellence in midwifery care
- Proven people and communication skills including relationship building, cooperation, conflict resolution, influencing others and facilitating open discussions
- Demonstrate recent leadership and management experience including change and safety leadership, coaching and development, motivating self and others and managing and measuring performance
- Able to drive culture, encompassing a patient first focus, adaptability, respecting diversity, innovative thinking, application of evidence into practice, and self-management
- Achieve results including management of resources, service delivery, problem solving and professional and technical competence
- Ability to work independently as well as consulting and collaborating with others to deliver outcomes
- Midwife Manager
- Outcome focused with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- An awareness of own values and beliefs surrounding healthcare and the ability to identify and respect an alternative view
- A broad understanding of the public health system and of the contemporary issues and socio-political context surrounding midwifery practice.
- Be cognisant of limitations in own knowledge and seek appropriate resolution
- Present oneself in a professional and respectful manner
- Superior ability to communicate in both written and verbal forms
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Proficient computer skills
- To learn more about this opportunity
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Principal Consultant, Lynette Boerth:
M: +61 (0) 431 293 861
Please submit application documentation to Executive Search Coordinator, Rebecca Fischle:
M: +61 (0) 403 224 726
The closing date for applications is Sunday the 11th of December 2022
The reference number to include in your application is H22_4258
Your application must include:
1. Completed HG Application Form
2. Cover letter addressed to the Principal Consultant
3. A written response addressing the key selection criteria, found on page 3 of the candidate information document
4. An up-to-date copy of your Curriculum Vitae