Head of Unit, Centre for Developmental Disability Health – Monash Health (H22_4303)
- Prestigious state-wide service
- Clinical, innovative, and operational leadership role
- An opportunity to raise awareness and uplift the profile of services and your own professional profile
- Unique and exciting career opportunity
The Centre for Developmental Disability Health (CDDH) is a state-wide multidisciplinary service that is dedicated to improving the quality of health care available to adults with developmental disabilities. The CDDH is committed to service improvement and research in relation to the medical and healthcare issues of people with developmental disabilities and the development of appropriate resources to facilitate healthcare and models of care for the provision of medical services to this cohort of clients.
As a state-wide service, CDDH provides secondary and tertiary medical and behavioral specialist consultations to adults with developmental disabilities and supports GPs and other medical practitioners throughout Victoria. The CDDH contributes to teaching within the undergraduate medical curricula of Monash University and The University of Melbourne, as well as postgraduate training and professional development programs for Medical Practitioners and other health professionals in aspects of healthcare for people with developmental disabilities. The Centre achieves this through operating three highly integrated and interdependent areas: clinical, educational, and research.
An exciting opportunity now presents itself; Monash Health is seeking applications from suitability qualified allied health professionals with proven leadership capabilities and a track record in disability services for the role of Head of Centre of Developmental Disability and Health.
In this prestigious role you will be responsible for providing clinical, innovative and operational leadership and management of the CDDH program operationally, including clinical service delivery, education and research and innovation. The role represents the CDDH for stakeholder engagement, including at state-wide level.
You will be responsible for a fiscal budget of $2.4 million along with the oversight and management of 11 FTE.
To be a strong candidate for the role you will be required to demonstrate experience against the following key selection criteria:
- Demonstrated excellent understanding of providing healthcare to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in the area of disability care, with a strong understanding of caring for people living with a disability the community
- Demonstrated sound knowledge of the National Disability Insurance Scheme and Disability Sector
- Demonstrated leadership and management of health professionals
- Effective financial and human resource management experience
- Sound expertise with highlights of academic affiliations in leading expertise in innovation, education and research activities within a service
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate with stakeholders within and external to an organisation
- Ability to anticipate key risks affecting the program, respond and escalate accordingly, such as Government policies changes
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with demonstrated ability in policy and procedure development and implementation
- Representation on organisational or external committees in areas of expertise
To learn more about this opportunity you are welcome to contact:
Executive Director Search and Recruitment HardyGroup, Lynette Boerth:
M: +61 (0)431 293 861
Please submit application documentation to Executive Search Coordinator, Rebecca Fischle:
M: +61 (0) 403 224 726
The closing date for applications is Friday the 10th of February 2023
The reference number to include in your application is H22_4303
Your application must include:
- Completed HG Application Form
- Cover letter addressed to the Principal Consultant
- A written response addressing the key selection criteria, found on page 4
- An up-to-date copy of your Curriculum Vitae