General Manager – Sector Capability H23_4445
- Exciting executive leadership opportunity for an experienced capability building expert to grow and develop services and support for Victorian healthcare leaders.
- The role offers an opportunity to be both entrepreneurial and strategic in response to member-based and sector needs around workforce and capability, now and into the future.
The Victorian Healthcare Association (VHA) is the peak body supporting Victoria’s public health and community health service sector to deliver high-quality care. Established in 1938, the VHA represents Victoria’s diverse public healthcare sector, including public hospitals, aged care, and community health services.
As well as providing a unified voice for the sector, the VHA delivers value for its members by offering tailored professional leadership and development programs, networking opportunities, and informative events. The VHA advocates on behalf of its members on sector-critical issues by engaging and influencing key decision-makers involved in policy development and system reform.
The VHA is seeking applications from highly experienced, executive leaders to fill the role of General Manager – Sector Capability. Reporting to the CEO, the role will be responsible for building capability within the health and community care sector through the development and delivery of Leadership Capability Framework.
The position will have three primary responsibilities:
- Develop and continually evolve a strategic Leadership Capability Framework to support the capability needs of the health and community services sectors’ governing bodies and executive workforce; and provide timely and insightful advice to the CEO and the Board regarding member workforce and capability priorities.
- Build and implement a cohesive suite of leadership products, services, and offerings in response to the professional development and capability needs of current and future health and community service executives and the boards that govern them.
- Lead the VHA’s commercial products and services including management of the Australian Centre for Healthcare Governance (ACHG), the VHA’s independent business arm that provides governance expertise, advisory and consultancy services.
This role forms part of the VHA’s leadership team and will suit a well-established thought leader with extensive experience in education design and delivery of adult learning and development programs that achieve performance outcomes, exceptional commercial acumen and knowledge of the Victorian healthcare sector.
The successful candidate will be a passionate champion the VHA’s education and consultancy offerings through collaboration across the VHA team and the development of strong relationships with members and external stakeholders.
Candidates interested in the role will be asked to respond to the following selection criteria:
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams, managing sub-contractors and working collaboratively as part of an executive leadership team and contributing to building a culture of success.
- A proven track record of success in leading programs of work relevant to building capability and capacity in organisations or sectors, which might have been gained in the health and community care sector, not-for-profit or membership organisation, or the public sector.
- Proven ability to manage the business and grow business scale, product mix, revenue, and reach.
- Proven ability to design strategy, frameworks that maximises competitive advantage on behalf of stakeholders/shareholders/members and oversee execution.
- Highly developed communication and negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to influence agendas and partner with stakeholders through evidence-led thinking, relationship management and system understanding.
For a confidential discussion and to learn more about this exciting opportunity please contact:
Ms Sarah Buckler PSM:
(M) + 61 (0)429 486 740
Applications close: Monday 19 June 2023