General Manager CQ Mental Health, Alcohol & Other Drugs H22_4207
- Lead strategic direction and operational delivery of Mental Health, Alcohol and Other Drugs services across Rockhampton, Capricorn Coast, Central Highlands, Gladstone and Banana.
- Support improved, innovative and transformational change in healthcare services and models of care
- Promote Values Based, Culturally Safe, Patient Centred Healthcare that meet the highest standards of clinical governance and workplace health and safety
- Enable Excellence through fostering cohesive, collaborative, and contemporary practices and thinking and workforce culture
Central Queensland Hospital and Health Service (CQHHS) offers a diverse and challenging regional role, rich with opportunities and located in the beautiful heart of Queensland. The region boasts stunning rural and coastal landscapes and is an economic centre for agriculture, tourism and mining sectors as well as having access to first class tertiary education and research facilities.
CQHHS is an independent statutory body that provides public health services a population of about 250,000, with a budget of almost $800 million. It provides the continuum of services, from community-based health services through to range of specialist regional hospital services and across multiple sites. CQHHS employs a highly committed team of more than 3,700 staff across the regional cities, coastal communities, and rural towns in the region.
CQHHS operates with a vision to provide Great Care for Central Queenslanders, The General Manager CQ Mental Health, Alcohol and Other Drugs will be based in Rockhampton and be responsible for evidenced based care and treatment within a recovery-based model for individuals with mental health conditions and/or drug and alcohol problems across a range of inpatient, ambulatory, community, rehabilitation and correctional service settings. Care is delivered by multi-disciplinary teams operating, where applicable, with other government and non-government organisations and primary health care providers. Rockhampton is the main referral centre for Central Queensland which includes Gladstone, Banana, Central Highlands and the Capricorn Coast.
The General Manager CQ Mental Health, Alcohol & Other Drugs will be expected to bring their own unique perspective to strategic and operational issues, but at the same time have the leadership maturity to work in a collegiate way so that a consistent approach can be developed and delivered by the Directorate leadership team.
As a member of the Chief Operating Officer’s management team the position holder will contribute effectively to the broad strategic agenda for the organisation, while leading and managing to deliver superior health outcomes through an engaged and committed workforce. That broad agenda will encompass the delivery of safe and equitable health services and be a partner in the delivery of a wider range of services to the population of Central Queensland with the intrinsic intention of improving the health of the population.
The General Manager will develop the Directorate as a fully functioning clinical service, delivering a wide range of services so that Central Queenslanders can access appropriate services from within the Health Service. The General Manager will engage patients, staff and clinicians in the development of innovative service delivery and staffing models that maximise service efficiency and effectiveness within available resources.
As a Senior Executive within CQHHS, the role provides significant input into the development and oversight of strategic and operational plans, policy and development, business and clinical services strategies and relationship management. The role will be directly responsible for a budget of $53.72 Million and 311 of CQHHS’s staff across the various operations and other support services.
The ideal applicant will be someone who can demonstrate:
- Proven strategic and operational capability in Mental Health, Addiction and Other Drugs at an executive level in a public health organisation. It is expected the successful applicant will have a significant record of achievement in setting business direction and managing performance through accountability, along with experience in implementing recovery-based model.
- Proven track record in developing, implementing, and evaluating practical and innovative solutions, across and within areas of responsibility that demonstrably enhance performance and are value for money, and that improve patient and consumer outcomes.
- Demonstrated management skills and knowledge, including in the areas of planning, performance monitoring and improvement, resource, and budget management in a demanding high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated experience in fostering cohesive services and multidisciplinary teams that value performance, improvement, collaboration, and innovation.
- Demonstrated communication, negotiation, persuasion and interpersonal skills, including proven experience in developing high level strategies for communicating and consulting with government organisations, internal and external stakeholders, professional bodies, non-government organisations, academic bodies and the community in the delivery of mental health services.
Interested – Want to know more?
For a confidential discussion, please contact:
Ms Sarah Buckler PSM
Principal Consultant, Queensland State Manager
M: +61 (0)429 486 740
Applications close: Friday 25th November 2022