Executive Director of the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital H22_4249
- Experienced Executive with Proven Track Record in supporting improved healthcare and leading transformational change in a large and complex organisation
- Lead and Promote Values Based, Culturally Safe, Person-Centred Healthcare while driving practical and strategic and innovation business models and solutions
- Enable Excellence in the provision of Healthcare Services through fostering cohesive and contemporary services for the communities within Metro North Health
METRO NORTH HEALTH
Metro North Health’s (MNH) passion for people is reflected in the way we do our work and live our values every day. We value and nurture our team members so they can provide quality value-based care to our patients across our diverse organisation. Our focus on Value Based Healthcare means we expect our staff to deliver the care the patient needs, no more and no less, to achieve the best quality of life for our community. This passion fuels our collaborative culture of innovation and research.
We embrace the diversity of local and greater communities as we provide services to people throughout Queensland, northern New South Wales and the Northern Territory, in all major health specialities including medicine, surgery, mental health, cancer care, trauma, women’s and newborn care, and more than 30 sub-specialities. Metro North Health services include rural, regional and tertiary hospitals, and community and oral health services.
MNH is an independent statutory body that services a population of about 900,000 and focuses on collaboration with healthcare partners and invests in systems, engagement and culture, that connects them to people and services, from north of the Brisbane River to north of Kilcoy. A budget of over $3B, MNH is the largest public health service in Queensland and employs a highly committed team of more than 22,000 staff.
The Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital (RBWH) is Queensland’s largest quaternary and tertiary referral hospital with 929 beds. Under the auspice of Metro North Health, it fulfils a significant teaching and research role with links to Queensland’s major tertiary institutions and research facilities. The complex provides a comprehensive range of specialities including medicine, surgery, orthopaedics, obstetrics, gynaecology, neonatal intensive care and trauma services.
The Executive Director of the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital (RBWH) provides strategic leadership and direction in the management of RBWH in achieving the key strategies in clinical service excellence; business excellence; leadership; education; and research in the delivery of quality patient-centred health care and business outcomes. The Executive Director – RBWH is responsible for an operating budget of $991M with a total FTE of 6,500.
MNH is seeking applications from Executive Leaders to fill the role of Executive Director RBWH. The successful applicant will become a member of the MNH Executive Team and will provide direct advice to the Chief Operating Officer in accordance with MNH’s vision, purpose, values and objectives as outlined in strategic and operational plans.
The ideal applicant will be someone who can demonstrate the following values within the context of the key accountabilities. The ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Respect – demonstrates interpersonal savvy, manages conflict appropriately, communicates effectively and balances the needs of all stakeholders with utmost respect to all people at all times
- Teamwork – collaborates effectively, develops talent, values difference and builds effective teams to bring about best use of resources to deliver healthcare services
- Compassion – is patient / client focussed, demonstrates self-awareness and the effects of behaviour on others, deals with or manages ambiguity and complexity, demonstrates resilience in the delivery of patient services or support in the delivery of services to patients
- High Performance – cultivates innovation, is action oriented, drives results and supports Metro North Health’s vision and purpose to exceed expectations of our patients and stakeholders
- Integrity – demonstrates sound decision quality, ensures accountability, demonstrates courage in the face of adversity and works effectively / manages complexity to ensure work output and decisions are ethical and invariably of a high standard
To apply for the role, the applicants much prepare an address of the following selection criteria:
- Leadership – Proven strategic and operational leadership capability at an executive level in a large and complex public health organisation
- Business Management & Transformation: Proven track record in developing, implementing, and evaluating practical and innovative business models and solutions, across and within areas of responsibility that enhance performance, are value for money, and improve patient, consumer, and health equity outcomes.
- Strategic and Operational Planning: Demonstrated management skills and knowledge, including in the areas of planning, performance monitoring and improvement, clinical governance, resource, and budget management in a demanding high-pressure environment.
- Teamwork and Culture: Demonstrated experience in fostering cohesive services and multidisciplinary teams that value performance, improvement, collaboration, and innovation.
- Relationship Management & Communication: Demonstrated communication, negotiation, persuasion, and interpersonal skills, including proven experience in developing high level strategies for communicating and consulting with government organisations, internal and external stakeholders, professional bodies, non-government organisations, academic bodies and the community
For a confidential discussion, please contact:
Ms Sarah Buckler PSM
Principal Consultant, Queensland State Manager
M: +61 (0)429 486 740
Applications close: Friday 2 December 2022