Executive Director, Nursing and Midwifery (H22_4144)
- Visionary and Inspirational Nursing / Midwifery Leader
- Drive Innovation and Implement Change
- Contribute to the Development of Excellence in Health Care Provision for Women and Children
The Women’s and Children’s Health Network (WCHN) provides vital care to South Australian families as the State’s leading provider of emergency and elective paediatric care, obstetric, neonatal and gynaecological care. It is the lead agency for Child and Adolescent Mental Health, providing both community and acute mental health services, and delivers a range of community-based services to enhance the health and wellbeing of babies, children, young people and women, especially those who are vulnerable.
An Executive Director of Nursing and Midwifery (EDoNM) is now sought to participate as an integral member of the health service executive team and for providing professional leadership and oversight of the development and maintenance of standards and education, to ensure that the nursing and midwifery workforce of the Women’s and Children’s Health Network can deliver high-quality care.
It is an exciting time for the WCHN, with the opportunity to take a strategic role in planning the development and delivery of the world-class new Women’s and Children’s Hospital which will be part of the Adelaide Biomed City Precinct. The EDONM will lead the reform of nursing and midwifery practice across the Network and develop and implement strategies to ensure a nursing and midwifery workforce ready for the future of health care delivery and to make WCHN an employer of choice for nurses and midwives.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer the EDONM will lead, participate and work collaboratively with other professional leaders to ensure quality clinical service delivery and the development and implementation of evidenced-based clinical improvements.
If you believe you have the passion, commitment and successful track record to:
• contribute to the delivery of the strategic objectives and priorities of WCHN
• provide senior nursing and midwifery leadership in complex multi-disciplinary settings in a climate of reform and continuing change
• bring about change and implement Nursing and Midwifery workplace reform.
• lead the development of a strategic plan for nursing and midwifery provision at WCHN; and
• develop recruitment and retention strategies and workforce and succession plans to ensure the professional workforce of the future
then this may be the role for you.
HOW TO APPLY
Your application must include:
- Completed HG Application Form
- Cover letter addressed to the Principal Consultant;
- A written response addressing the key selection criteria found on page 10; and
- An up-to-date copy of your Curriculum Vitae
The closing date for applications is Monday 1st August 2022
The reference number to include in your application is H22_4144
For a confidential discussion, please contact Principal Consultant, Liz Hlipala:
M: +61 (0)401122 301
Please submit application documentation to Senior Executive Search Coordinator, Anna Brownjohn:
T: +61 (0)409 977 847