Executive Director Medical Services (H22_4167)
Calvary Public Hospital Bruce provides compassionate care that maintains the traditions commenced by the Australia Province of The Sisters of the Little Company of Mary in 1885. Since 1979, Calvary Public Hospital Bruce has become the second major public hospital in the ACT and is a key provider of acute and sub-acute services to the northside catchment of ACT and surrounding areas of NSW.
Calvary is a values-based organisation with core embedded values of Hospitality, Healing, Stewardship and Respect. These values represent the work of the Venerable Mary Potter who founded Calvary, and they embrace simple and respectful behaviours that translate into high quality patient centred care.
Calvary services conform to the Catholic Health Australia Code of Ethical Standards, and Calvary provides care without regard to race, religion, cultural beliefs or circumstance.
Calvary Public Hospital Bruce is a fully accredited teaching hospital comprising 300 beds, a staff base of over 2,000 and an operating budget of $300 million. The hospital has strong tertiary affiliations including University of Canberra, ANU, Catholic University and CSU. v,
The organisation is now seeking to appoint an Executive Director of Medical Services, reporting directly to the General Manager Calvary Public Hospital Bruce. This position will provide ongoing organisational performance, strategic advice and leadership in the provision of medical services and associated supports. The successful applicant will experienced in medical administration, people and change management and will have a deep understanding of contemporary challenges impacting the medical workforce and professional standards supporting safe medical practice. The incumbent will have a commitment to workforce development, education, and training of the medical workforce.
To be considered for appointment to this significant leadership position you will be able to demonstrate:
- Current AHPRA registration as a medical practitioner
- Seasoned professional with a minimum of three years’ experience at a senior executive level within the health industry
- Qualifications in medical administration or working towards
- Executive-level experience and capacity in strategically leading a large and diverse medical workforce
- Proven capacity to successfully develop and foster strong and enduring professional internal and external partnerships, relationships and networks.
- Demonstrable experience as a change leader in enterprise-wide transformation with collective effort and distributed accountability across the organisation.
- Demonstrated understanding and competency in managing key performance targets relevant to a large complex health service.
- Detailed knowledge of the strategic and operational issues facing the local, regional and national health system in particular the medical workforce
Calvary continues to grow and develop its services aligned to the Calvary National Growth Strategy. Calvary Public Hospital Bruce continues to expand its footprint and profile in the ACT. This position will provide the successful applicant with great opportunities, both professionally and in the lifestyle that Canberra offers including world class education and recreational facilities, access to the beautiful south coast, mountains and Sydney all within easy commuting distance.
This opportunity presents a great lifestyle for professionals and their families with a rapidly growing and diverse city, high quality amenities, arts and social culture.
Closing date: Wednesday 14 September 2022
For a confidential discussion, please contact Principal Consultant, Rhodie Miller:
M: +61 (0)422 816 557