Director of Nursing and Midwifery – Kangaroo Island (H23_4322)
- Experienced Director of Nursing and Health Service Manager
- Passionate about rural and remote healthcare provision and high quality residential aged care services
- Focus on contemporary models of care and sustainable workforce
Kangaroo Island Health Service (the Health Service) is part of the Barossa Hills Fleurieu Local Health Network in South Australia. The Health Service is a remote health unit providing services including emergency, acute inpatient, surgical, maternal and neonatal, outpatient, mental health and community care.
Kangaroo Island Health Service is a Multi-Purpose Site and is the most remote part of BHFLHN, classified as Modified Monash Model rating 7, which is the highest classification in Australia for a remote community. The disadvantage is largely due to the ‘water gap’ separation from the mainland which causes economic and social impacts to the community.
Kangaroo Island is Australia’s third-largest island and is one of the world’s great nature-based destinations. It is 13 kilometres off the coast of South Australia and 30 minutes by plane from Adelaide. Kangaroo Island covers an area of approximately 4400 square kilometres, with 509 km of coastline and 155 km from the East coast to the West coast and is home to a resident population of around 4500 and greater than 190,000 state, interstate and international tourists each year.
The Barossa Hills Fleurieu Local Health Network are now seeking an experienced Director of Nursing and Midwifery to provide strategic and operational leadership, governance, and direction for the Health Service. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced nurse / midwife leader, with a passion for remote health care provision, and someone who is excited working with the community to deliver safe, contemporary services on island.
To be a strong candidate for the role you will have:
- Significant experience in nursing leadership and healthcare management
- Be recognised as a resilient, contemporary and accomplished nursing leader who can contribute to a sustainable health service
- Experience across the continuum of care existing in this remote health service including acute, community and aged care services
- A passion to live as part of, and contribute to, a vibrant community in a unique part of the world.
For a confidential discussion and to learn more about this exciting opportunity please contact:
Liz Hlipala – Principal Search Consultant at HardyGroup
(M) +61 (0)401 122 301 (E) email@example.com
Applications close: Friday 28th April 2023