Director of Neurosurgery (H23_4332)
- Experienced Neurosurgeon and Clinical Leader
- Desire to lead the provision of Neurosurgical services across the State of Tasmania
The Tasmanian Health Service is seeking interest from suitably qualified (FRACS Neurosurgery) applicants for the role of Director of Neurosurgery. The role will be based at the Royal Hobart Hospital, the tertiary referral hospital for Tasmania, and principal teaching hospital for the University of Tasmania School of Medicine. The Hospital provides most specialist medical services for the State of Tasmania.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Neurosurgeon, with a passion for clinical leadership and health care provision, to live and work in the beautiful State of Tasmania. The role will provide effective leadership and strategic and operational management enabling the achievement of objectives relevant to the Neurosurgical Unit. It will also provide a high level of strategic and clinical influence to ensure the highest standards of service delivery are achieved, resources are efficiently utilised and services are effectively integrated within the Agency. The leadership component of the role is allocated 0.5 of the full-time hours and the other 0.5 is for the provision of Neurosurgical services by the incumbent. This component may be negotiated to be provided on a Visiting Medical Specialist basis allowing for private practice on the part of the incumbent.
To be a strong candidate for the role you will hold specialist or limited registration with the Medical Board of Australia as a Fellow of the Royal Australasia College of Surgeons (Neurosurgery).
The successful candidate will also need to demonstrate:
- the ability to provide clinical leadership
- experience, or the capabilities, to direct the operational and strategic activities of a clinical unit
- the ability to take a leading role in working collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team; and
- a successful track record of clinical service provision as a Neurosurgeon.
Liz Hlipala – Principal Search Consultant at HardyGroup
(M) +61 (0)401 122 301 (E) email@example.com
Application Close: Friday 17th March 2023