Chief Radiographer – Tasmanian Health Services (H22_4240)
HardyGroup International is partnering with Tasmania’s Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and the Tasmanian Health Service (THS) to appoint to the position of the Chief Radiographer, at the Royal Hobart Hospital (RHH).
The Royal Hobart Hospital is Tasmania’s largest hospital and the major referral centre. Providing acute, sub-acute, mental health and aged care inpatient and ambulatory services. Supporting around 250,000 Tasmanians in the southern region. A major clinical teaching and research site for The University of Tasmania and other institutions. Employing around 3,000 people.
The Chief Radiographer position is a leadership role in the Department of Medical Imaging, providing operational management of the imaging service and contributing to strategic service development and accountable for the provision of a quality imaging service.
This position offers the challenge of managing services located both on site and off site, and collaboration with other services such as Perioperative Services, Cardiology, Emergency and Womens and Childrens Services.
- Provide leadership and direction in the management of Medical Imaging services for the RHH and its off-site facilities, including the development, formulation and implementation of service delivery policy, strategic planning, efficient management of human, financial and physical resources, clinical governance, quality assurance, risk management and accreditation requirements
- Oversee the provision of clinical leadership, professional support and best practice standards, in accordance with organisational policies and professional codes of conduct for imaging services provided in a multidisciplinary environment
- Ensure as part of the Senior Management Team and in collaboration with Operations Manager that there is a collaborative and integrated approach to service delivery across the Department.
- Accountable for the provision of a quality medical imaging service to patients including ensuring that images produced meet the standards set by the Director Medical Imaging.
- Promote a clinical environment conducive to the maintenance of positive working relationships at all levels.
Hobart is a world class city where you can immerse yourself in a vibrant lifestyle, with the wilderness right on your doorstep. Nestled under Mt Wellington on the Derwent River, Hobart is renowned for its heritage buildings, beautiful parks, fine foods, the Salamanca Markets and its Festivals.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Principal Consultant, Rhodie Miller:
M: +61 (0)422 816 557
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 1st November 2022.