Advanced Nurse/Midwife Manager (H22_1455)
- Experienced Advanced Nurse / Midwife Manager
- Passionate about rural and remote community healthcare provision
- Focus on contemporary models of care and sustainable workforce
Kangaroo Island Health Service (the Health Service) is part of the Barossa Hills Fleurieu Local Health Network in South Australia. The Health Service is a remote health unit providing services including emergency, acute inpatient, surgical, maternal and neonatal and outpatient services. Kangaroo Island Health Service is a Multi-Purpose Services site and provides emergency, inpatient care, aged care and community care.
Kangaroo Island is Australia’s third-largest island and is one of the world’s great nature-based destinations. It is 13 kilometres off the coast of South Australia and 30 minutes by plane from Adelaide. Kangaroo Island covers an area of approximately 4400 square kilometres, with 509 km of coastline and 155 km from the East coast to the West coast and is home to a resident population of around 4500 and greater than 190,000 state, interstate and international tourists each year.
The Barossa Hills Fleurieu Local Health Network are now seeking an experienced Advanced Nurse / Midwife Manager to be strategically and operationally responsible for the governance of services delivered in the Kangaroo Island Community Health Service. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced nurse / midwife manager, with a passion for remote health care provision, and someone who is excited about contributing to the Kangaroo Island community.
To be a strong candidate for the role you will have:
- experience in management and leadership roles preferably in community health settings
- Demonstrated competence in the relevant area of nursing/midwifery practice
- Demonstrated ability to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Resilience and be a contemporary and accomplished nursing manager
- Demonstrated ability in leading and promoting consumer engagement initiatives
- A passion to live as part of, and contribute to, a vibrant community in a unique part of the world.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 24 August 2022.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Principal Consultant, Liz Hlipala
M: +61 (0)401 122 301