General Manager – Calvary Haydon Retirement Community (H22_4180)
- Leadership Role in Aged Care
- Continuous improvement and innovation opportunities
- Positive workplace culture
Calvary is a leading provider of quality, integrated care that puts patients, residents and clients at the centre of everything they do. Calvary offers flexible careers in clinical, allied health, hospitality, ICT and health administration, mission, leadership, management and more. Founded in Australia in 1885, they are one of the largest providers of health, aged and community care with over 18,000 staff and volunteers, 14 Public and Private Hospitals, 72 Residential Care and Retirement Communities and 19 Community Care Centres.
Guided by a 135-year history in health care, Calvary is recognised as a continuing source of healing, hope and nurturing to the residents they serve. They live to provide our care with dignity and to improve the health and wellbeing of every resident. Their aged care services include both permanent aged care and residential respite care options, with professional nursing staff operating round the clock and visits from specialist clinicians. Our experienced team takes the time to get to know you, to understand your medical concerns and to make sure we meet your physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs.
Calvary Care is now seeking an experienced General Manager for their Haydon Retirement Village to lead high quality and evidence-informed services across this portfolio that are inclusive, ethical, and client-centered. They are looking for a person who has the passion and commitment to achieving exceptional outcomes for clients, who has a knowledge of and commitment to Catholic social teachings, and a strong commitment to social justice.
Reporting to the Regional Chief Executive Officer ACT – The General Manager Haydon is responsible for the overall administration, management, governance and strategic plan of Calvary Haydon Retirement Community as well as ensuring the delivery of high quality care to residents in the residential care and independent living units.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
• Leadership ability and experience in an aged care or health related industry
• A collaborative leadership style that achieves sustainable results in a way that is sensitive to Calvary’s culture, needs and expectations
• A knowledge of strategic and cultural factors shaping a not-for-profit quality aged care organisation
• A successful track record of operational management experience in an aged care or health related industry
• A genuine desire and commitment to working with the aged, resident families and the staff of the aged care industry
The Application Process:
For a confidential discussion and to learn more about this exciting opportunity please contact:
(M) +61(0)422 816 557 (E) email@example.com
Applications close: Friday 23rd of September 2022