Executive Director Acute Care Services (H22_4230)
- Strategic leader and influencer
- System-wide change management
- Strong executive presence
St Vincent’s Health Australia has been providing health care in Australia for 160 years, since the first hospital was established in Sydney in 1857 by the Sisters of Charity. St Vincent’s Hospital has 403 beds and is a tertiary teaching hospital which provides acute care services to inpatients and outpatients from the local community, throughout the state and nationally. It is one of Australia’s leading public hospitals, recognised as a centre for excellence in clinical care, research and training.
The Executive Director of Acute Care Services is a unique opportunity to lead the future of acute service delivery for St Vincent’s Darlinghurst. Having responsibility for the largest portfolio in the network, you will provide strategic and operational leadership for the Network along with the CEO and your executive peers, as well as across the distinct acute services. The position has executive responsibility to contribute to the organisational strategic plan while driving business development opportunities (cross campus and beyond) and creating a culture of teaching, training, research and continuous improvement. The Executive Director will lead and inspire a dedicated team to deliver excellence in patient outcomes and experiences and develop and implement actions to deliver the SVHNS Strategy. The Executive Director will be a role model for demonstrating the mission and values of the organisation to allow us to provide the best possible care to the poor and vulnerable.
You will join an experienced group of clinicians and healthcare leaders to propel the organisation to deliver an ambitious but achievable growth and leadership strategy that puts patients at the centre whilst delivering excellence in addressing the scientific, clinical, pastoral and financial challenges of 21st century healthcare.
The successful person will:
- Demonstrate extensive experience as a clinical leader and executive within a large complex acute health service operating to budget
- Understand the clinical processes and human factors that underpin quality healthcare
- Possess highly developed skills in implementing organizational strategy and change
- Demonstrate success in building a culture of excellence, innovation and collaboration
- Be recognised by your professional peers for your ability to drive innovation and lead measurable outcomes in the area of clinical care delivery
- Be committed to the mission and values of SVHA and Mary Aikenhead Ministries
- Hold appropriate qualifications or equivalent experience in a public health system.
If you are committed to an exciting journey, working collaboratively with established (and new) key stakeholders and partners to help ensure a culture of continuous development and practice is fostered and driven, then please reach out for a confidential discussion.
We invite qualified candidates to contact Principal Consultant: Rhodie Miller
+61 (0)422 816 557 or via email email@example.com
Applications close: Monday the 7th of November 2022