Chief Medical Officer (H22_4098)
Mackay Hospital and Health Service is a contemporary organisation providing extensive health services in a range of regional, community and rural settings to a population of around 182,000. MHHS values its people, respecting and embracing diversity and a balance between work and life commitments. Staff are passionate about delivering outstanding healthcare services to the communities throughout the diverse region.
Mackay Hospital and Health Service offer diverse community and cultural environments, extending to Bowen and The Whitsundays in the north and west to the mining communities of Moranbah and Clermont.
The health service covers six hospitals, two Multi-purpose Health Services and three community health centres and services.
The organisation is now seeking to appoint a Chief Medical Officer, reporting directly to the Mackay Hospital and Health Service Chief Executive, who will provide ongoing organisational performance, strategic advice and leadership in the delivery of this portfolio across the Mackay HHS. The position will contribute effectively to the Mackay Hospital and Health Service Board’s strategic agenda. This will encompass the delivery of safe and equitable health services and be a partner in delivering a broader range of services to the Mackay Hospital and Health Service population with the intrinsic intention of improving the population’s health.
The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) will have a central role in developing and following the Hospital and Health Service’s vision and strategy. The CMO will provide medical leadership and advice to the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and the Board on its development and subsequent implementation. This strategy will shape the future development of clinical services across our HHS.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- Executive-level experience and capacity in strategically leading a large and diverse medical workforce in a rural setting.
- Proven capacity to successfully develop and foster strong and enduring professional internal and external partnerships, relationships and networks.
- Demonstrable experience as a change leader in enterprise-wide transformation with collective effort and distributed accountability across the organisation.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in workforce policy and processes for improving clinical practice standards and commitment to quality improvement in a health care environment.
Working for the Mackay Hospital and Health Service offers all the benefits of coast and country living and the convenience of a growing regional city where you can pursue a wide range of interests and lifestyles in a secure, family-friendly and culturally diverse environment.
On offer, there are eclectic cafes, restaurants and bars, quirky festivals and an arty and exciting community to make this a great place for those looking to escape the craziness of the city and try life at a different pace.
So, if this location and role sound like you, please get in touch to find out more about the opportunity.
HOW TO APPLY
Your application must include:
- Completed HG Application Form
- Cover letter addressed to the Principal Consultant;
- A written response addressing the key selection criteria found on page 7; and
- An up-to-date copy of your Curriculum Vita
The closing date for applications is Thursday 28 July 2022
The reference number to include in your application is H22_4098
For a confidential discussion, please contact Principal Consultant Rhodie Miller:
M: +61 (0)422 816 557
Please submit application documentation to Senior Executive Search Coordinator Anna Brownjohn:
T: +61 (0)409 977 847